This Saturday, February 3rd at 7 p.m. PST (10 p.m. EST), ASIFA Hollywood will be streaming the annual Annie Awards, a celebration of the best our industry has to offer.
Both the Production and Individual Achievement categories are listed on the Nominees page, however some highlights are below:
Best Animated Feature
- Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie - DreamWorks Animation
- Cars 3 - Pixar Animation Studios
- Coco - Pixar Animation Studios
- Despicable Me 3 - Illumination
- The Boss Baby - DreamWorks Animation
- In This Corner Of The World - Taro Maki, GENCO, Inc. and Masao Maruyama, MAPPA Co., Ltd
- Loving Vincent - BreakThru Films, Production Company Trademark Films, Co-Production Company
- Napping Princess - Nippon TV
- The Big Bad Fox & Other Tales - Folivari / Panique! / Studiocanal
- The Breadwinner - Cartoon Saloon / Aircraft Pictures / Melusine Productions
- Dear Basketball - Glen Keane Productions, Kobe Studios, Believe Entertainment Group
- Hedgehog's Home - National Film Board of Canada, Bonobostudio
- Negative Space - IKKI Films / Manuel Cam Studio
- Scavengers - Titmouse, Inc. // Adult Swim
- Son Of Jaguar - Google Spotlight Stories, Reel FX
- the Winsor McCay Award - 'for their career contributions to the art of animation',
- the Ub Iwerks Award - 'for technical advancement in the art of animation',
- the Special Achievement Award,
- the June Foray Award - 'for their significant and benevolent or charitable impact on the art and industry of animation', and
- the Certificate of Merit.
Congratulations to all the nominees!