Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Animated Inspiration: Gobelins l’école de l’image

So I talk a lot about the Ottawa International Animation Festival--as it's just down the road and it's also the second largest animation festival in the world. Well, the Annecy Festival in France is the largest. And every year it seems, they have the students at Gobelins l’école de l’image produce the trailers shown before every screening. And every year, when I see these trailers I'm encouraged about the future of animated film. It is simply astonishing that students are producing work of this calibre. I only spent a day in Paris during June's research trip to Europe, but I think that on my return trip to France, I'll have to spend a day at the Gobelins school just soaking up the creative energy!

M. Eustache


Soapy Trip


Chaman